1. Compliance with other related laws and regulations
In handling personal information of customers, the Company will comply with the APPI, the Real Estate Brokerage Act, and other related laws regulations and codes.
2. The purposes of use of Personal Information
The Company will use the collected personal information of customers to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purposes described below, and will not use for any other purposes.
(1) In searching for potential transaction counter-parties for the sale or lease of real estate, for concluding sales, leasing, brokerage, management, and other related contracts, and for providing services based on such contracts.
(2) For achieving the purposes described in (1) by providing the necessary personal information to counter-parties to assist with; a sale or lease transaction, attracting potential clients for a sale or lease transaction, other brokers of real estate, property search systems (REINS), those (individuals, parties, advertising company) who register property information on paper / internet, financial organizations (for the purposes of mortgages), judicial scriveners / real estate appraisers and other specialists of property registration / assessment etc., related insurance companies, property management companies, guarantee companies, and third parties, with prior consent.
(3) For informing customers of new products and services that the Company and its affiliated companies believe to be of interest, in association with the operations of (1) and (2) above, and the dispatch of products, related after-sales services, and operations for maintenance, etc. related to management.
(4) For maintaining the ledgers and their information materials based on Article 49 of the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act.
(5) For value assessment related to the sale and lease of real estate. Contractual information used for value assessment may be provided to a brokerage client as the “Basis of opinion” defined in Article 34 paragraph 2 item 2 of the Building Lots and Buildings Transaction Business Act.
3. Joint Use of Personal Data
The Company may use the personal data of customers within the stated purposes of use.
1. The items of personal data to be jointly used by the Company and a joint user are as follows:
③ Telephone number;
④ Facsimile number;
⑤ Date of birth (Age);
⑥ Occupation, place of work;
⑧ Email address;
⑨ Deal information;
⑩ Real Estate Information; and
⑪ Contractual information
2. In addition to the stated sharing of personal data mentioned above (2), the Company may share personal data only with its group affiliated companies including “HJ Asset Management K.K.” and “Trunk Room Tokyo Co.,Ltd.”
3. “HJ Asset Management K.K.” and “Trunk Room Tokyo Co.,Ltd.” will use the collected personal information of customers to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purposes of use, described below.
(1) For solicitation or sale of real estate related financial instruments, or publication of services related thereto;
(2) For performing operations in connection with any investment advisory agreement or discretionary investment management agreement made with together;
(3) For providing investment advisory services;
(4) For solicitation, etc. of, other businesses and services that the Company is permitted or licensed to conduct;
(5) For making judgment of the reasonability of provision of new products and services in accordance with Principle of Suitability, etc.;
(6) For verification by the principal or agent in charge of the transaction, through examination of whether the person is the customer himself/herself or his/her agent, or a representative of a corporate customer, etc.;
(7) For providing a report to customers regarding the results of transactions, including the balance of accounts, etc.;
(8) For performing operations, review, and storage of records related to customer transactions;
(9) For management and internal control of the Company;
(10)For other uses required for proper and smooth transaction processing with customers;
4. The Chief Personal Data Controller will manage the personal data referred to in 1 above responsibly.
Chief Personal Data Controller: Mitsuo Hashimoto, Representative Director
4. Restriction on provision of personal data to third parties
The Company will not provide a customer`s personal data to any third parties, except where required to by regulation, without having received prior consent.
5. Security Control Measures for Personal Information
The Company will make efforts to keep personal information of customers accurate and up-to-date. In order to prevent any leakage, loss or damage of personal information of customers, the Company will develop an appropriate internal system by establishing internal rules on the protection of personal information and regularly reviewing and revising such rules as may be necessary; and implement strict security measures. In addition, the Company will examine the status of supervision and compliance by the officers, employees and contractors, and will appropriately work on the handling of complaints. When the handling of personal data retained by the Company is to be outsourced, necessary contracts will be executed and appropriate management and supervision shall be provided.
6. Customer’s Request for Disclosure and/or Correction of Personal Data and Inquiry regarding Handling of Personal Information
The Company accepts requests for disclosure and/or correction of personal data that is retained by the Company under APPI. Any customer may request for disclosure and/or correction of personal data at any time in accordance with the procedures designated by the Company, please see (＊)below.
The Company also accepts complaints and inquiries regarding handling of personal information of customers. Please get in touch with your main contact at the Company or the following for further details.
Housing Japan K.K.
General Affairs Department
BPR Place Kamiyacho 7F, 1-11-9 Azabudai Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan
Phone: +81-(0)3-3588-8860 (Switchboard)
＊ The Company accepts request for disclosure and/or correction of personal data of the customer retained by the Company upon verifying that the person requesting for such disclosure and/or correction is him- or herself and upon completion of the procedures designated by the Company.
7. Continuous Improvement of Statement on Protection of Personal Information
In order to ensure the security control of personal information of customers and appropriately handle such personal information, the Company will review this statement from time to time and try to improve this statement on an ongoing basis. Any material change of this statement will be announced on the Company’s webpage below.
The Company’s webpage: https://housingjapan.com
Housing Japan K.K